Where were you arrested? A DUI is a state offense, but each jurisdiction handles them slightly differently.
Where were you arrested?
Drunk Driving Penalties – Mesa
If you are charged with DUI then you could face serious penalties for conviction of this crime. According to ARS §28-1381(A) it is illegal for an individual to operate or be in control of a vehicle while they are impaired in any way, if their BAC (blood alcohol content) is .08 percent or higher, or if they are under the influence of any illegal drugs or some prescription medication. The penalties for conviction of ARS §28-1381(A1)(A2) charges are found in §28-1381(I) and they include 10 days in jail, license suspension, ignition interlock device installation, probation for up to five years, fines of no less than $250 and other various penalties.
Call Rosenstein Law Group at 480-935-6729 for a free consultation with an attorney about a DUI arrest in Mesa, Scottsdale or elsewhere in Arizona.
Enhanced DUI Charges
If you are charged with drug DUI where any traceable amount of illegal drug or impairing prescription medication is found in your system then you will face the same DUI penalties for conviction. If you are charged with extreme DUI (BAC between .15 percent and .19 percent) or if you are charged with super extreme DUI (BAC of .20 percent or higher) then you will face the following penalties for a first-time conviction:
- Extreme DUI (DUI charge where your BAC is .15 percent or higher): jail time for a minimum of 30 days to six months, fines and surcharges of at least $1,500, 90 days driver’s license suspension, mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device, maximum of five years of probation, and drug/alcohol screening and counseling as per court order.
- Super extreme DUI (DUI charge where your BAC is .20 percent or higher): jail time, 45 to 180 days, fines and surcharges, at least $3,000 plus jail costs, 90 days driver’s license suspension, mandatory installation of an ignition interlock device for at least 18 months, maximum of five years of probation as well as drug/alcohol screening and counseling at the discretion of the court.
We Can Help You
If you are facing DUI charges then you could face serious penalties for conviction of a first offense. If you are facing your third DUI charge within a seven-year period then you will face felony charges for conviction. The penalties for a felony conviction will be far more serious than that of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
Contact a lawyer at our firm as soon as possible to discuss your charges and learn how we can help you.
Protect Your Rights
- 1. We have defended hundreds of clients.
- 2. We have a successful track record.
- 3. We care about your future.
CLIENT THANK YOUS
“Craig is my hero and he saved my career and my future. I got stopped in Tempe and was charged with a regular DUI. Craig questioned the validity of the stop and was able to get it reduced to a reckless driving charge…”
“Dear Mr. Rosenstein, Having talked to you this day, I determined that you were right in your decision on my case. I appreciate and thank you…”
Thank you again for helping settle this matter for me. I appreciate all you guys did on my behalf…”