DUI and Criminal Law Specialists
Where were you arrested? A DUI is a state offense, but each jurisdiction handles them slightly differently.
Where were you arrested?
First Step After Getting a DUI in Tempe
Do you face a charge of driving under the influence in Tempe? Do you feel a lot of uncertainty? Do you have countless unanswered questions and are unsure where to turn for help? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, the experienced attorneys at Rosenstein Law Group can help you take the necessary steps to defend yourself against your DUI charge.
Contact our legal team today to get started on your DUI defense strategy.
Steps to Take After a DUI Arrest
When the authorities arrest someone on suspicion of drinking and driving in Arizona, the ramifications of a conviction are many and extensive. The consequences are why it is so important to ensure that you follow the proper steps as your first court date approaches. Those steps are:
- Cooperation: In Arizona, you agree to undergo blood, urine or breath testing when the state issues you a driver’s license. Officers often make it seem like you are obligated to participate in their entire investigation. Once you are asked to get out of the car, you should immediately request to speak to an attorney. Don’t worry if you didn’t do that; there are ways to show that the officer may have acted illegally and therefore the information gathered in the investigation should be suppressed.
- Communication: The officer will ask you questions. You should not say anything that can later be misinterpreted. The less you say, the better.
- Call: You have the right to call a DUI defense attorney to ensure the protection of your rights.
- Court: You should at least consult with an attorney before your first court date (an arraignment). It is best, however, to consult an attorney as quickly as possible, because in Arizona, there are strict timing requirements that will affect your driving privileges. At the time of your arraignment, it is wise to have an experienced DUI defense lawyer at your side. By retaining an attorney early in the process, you and your lawyer will have time to examine the details surrounding your arrest and formulate a strategy for your defense.
Contact an Attorney to Get Started Today
At Rosenstein Law Group, we have years of experience defending clients from the Tempe area against DUI charges, and our founder is a National College for DUI Defense board-certified DUI defense attorney. Whether you are a resident or a student at Arizona State University, we will work diligently to help you overcome your legal challenge.
Protect Your Rights
- 1. We have defended hundreds of clients.
- 2. We have a successful track record.
- 3. We care about your future.
CLIENT THANK YOUS
“Craig is my hero and he saved my career and my future. I got stopped in Tempe and was charged with a regular DUI. Craig questioned the validity of the stop and was able to get it reduced to a reckless driving charge…”
“Dear Mr. Rosenstein, Having talked to you this day, I determined that you were right in your decision on my case. I appreciate and thank you…”
Thank you again for helping settle this matter for me. I appreciate all you guys did on my behalf…”