Where were you arrested? A DUI is a state offense, but each jurisdiction handles them slightly differently.
Where were you arrested?
Protecting You Against False Positives in Fountain Hills Field Sobriety Tests
Field sobriety tests are some of the most common tests police officers use to make a preliminary determination of impaired driving. There can be a lot of issues with these tests. It is very possible to challenge the “evidence” that is gained from them. If you have been arrested for drunk driving in Fountain Hills based in any way off the results of a field sobriety test, you should contact a defense attorney immediately.
At Rosenstein Law Group, our Fountain Hills DUI defense attorneys aggressively challenge the “drunk tests” given to our clients before they were arrested for drunk driving.
To justify his or her case against you, a police officer must be ready to explain the following:
- Why he pulled you over in the first place
- What kind of field sobriety tests he used to decide that you were driving while impaired
- Whether he followed legal procedures for administering chemical tests to you, such as breathalyzer tests or blood alcohol tests
Our job as Fountain Hills DUI defense lawyers is to help ensure that a client’s rights were and are respected at all levels of government: law enforcement, prosecution, at trial, probation and incarceration. Considering the stakes involved after you have been arrested for DUI, it often pays to scrutinize every detail related to the field sobriety tests and chemical tests used as a basis to charge you with drunk driving.
Vigorously Defending Your Rights and Freedom
Rosenstein Law Group works to protect all our DUI defense clients at every phase and in every aspect of their drunk driving cases. Defense lawyer Craig Rosenstein pays very close attention to field sobriety tests.
Keep in mind that if you are ever stopped on suspicion of drunk driving, you can politely decline when the police ask you to perform tests such as the following as they are unwise to perform:
- The pen test, or horizontal gaze nystagmus (HGN): This tracks your eye movements while the officer waves a pen in front of your face
- Balancing tests, which require you to stand on one leg for a lengthy period, to “walk and turn,” or to touching your finger to your nose with your eyes closed
- Number and letter recitation tests, in which you say the alphabet and count backward from 1,000
- Dexterity tests, which require you to close one finger at a time
Most people simply lack the coordination and motor skills to successfully complete these tests when they are sober. Still, many of them are arrested for suspicion of drunk driving due to their inability to complete these tasks. There can also be training issues in these cases if the officer misreads the cues that typically indicate impairment.
The Rosenstein Law Group has had significant success in getting evidence from field sobriety tests excluded, and in challenging the resulting BAC evidence. Find out how our Scottsdale, Arizona, DUI lawyers can help you statewide to win your case or reduce the penalties.
Call Immediately, Day or Night – Free Consultation at 480-248-7666
Protect Your Rights
- 1. We have defended hundreds of clients.
- 2. We have a successful track record.
- 3. We care about your future.
CLIENT THANK YOUS
“Craig is my hero and he saved my career and my future. I got stopped in Tempe and was charged with a regular DUI. Craig questioned the validity of the stop and was able to get it reduced to a reckless driving charge…”
“Dear Mr. Rosenstein, Having talked to you this day, I determined that you were right in your decision on my case. I appreciate and thank you…”
Thank you again for helping settle this matter for me. I appreciate all you guys did on my behalf…”