Where were you arrested? A DUI is a state offense, but each jurisdiction handles them slightly differently.
Where were you arrested?
Board-Certified in DUI Defense
As board-certified attorneys in DUI Defense, Craig J. Rosenstein and Jonathan Goebel are two of only four attorneys in the entire state of Arizona who has obtained Board Certification in DUI Defense from the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD). They are the only two board certified DUI Defense attorneys in Maricopa County. The NCDD is a national organization dedicated to pursuing justice for those accused in DUI cases. Board certification can only be granted by this distinguished organization as it is the only one accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) to grant certification in this area of law.
According to the NCDD, the purpose of Board Certification is to acknowledge defense attorneys nationwide who demonstrate a high-level of competence in DUI defense. At Rosenstein Law Group, we find this to be a genuine reflection of Mr. Rosenstein’s dedication to excellence in DUI defense. This is a commitment our entire team of DUI defense team shares and takes action toward for each and every one of our DUI clients.
By meeting the following requirements, attorney Rosenstein became Board Certified in DUI Defense:
- Passed the written examination that tested his knowledge of DUI law and defense
- Passed the oral examination that tested his knowledge of DUI defense
- Met all NCDD practice qualifications
The objectives of both the oral and written tests are to establish the attorney’s level of competence in DUI laws, ethical issues, drug recognitions and field sobriety tests related to DUI defense.
Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist
As part of our team we also have a Criminal Law Specialist. The Arizona Board of Legal Specialization, which is part of the State Bar of Arizona, is responsible for setting the requirements for and regulating who is a Certified Legal Specialist in Arizona. The board identifies lawyers who have demonstrated superior knowledge, skill, integrity, professionalism, and competence in a specific area of law, to better serve the public.
In order to be certified as a criminal law specialist, a lawyer must meet several minimum qualifications, including:
- At least 7 years of practice;
- A minimum of 10 felony jury trial trials, of which 5 involved a mandatory imposable sentence of 5 years or more;
- A minimum of 15 evidentiary hearings involving substantial contested issues of law or fact;
- A minimum of 5 appeals, petitions for post-conviction relief, petitions for habeas corpus relief, or motions to vacate or set aside sentence under 28 USC 2255.
- Substantial current involvement in criminal law during the 5 preceding years;
- Demonstrate a substantially complete knowledge of substantive law, rules of practice, procedure, evidence, and ethics pertaining to criminal law, along with a high degree of skill, thoroughness, preparation, effectiveness, professionalism, and judgment;
- Pass a formal written exam
Once certified, a criminal law specialist must recertify every 5 years.
Although other attorneys may practice exclusively in criminal law, board certified criminal law specialists are the only attorneys that are specifically identified by the Arizona State Bar Board of Legal Specialization as being Criminal Law Specialists.
What Does Having a Board-Certified Attorney Mean for You?
With your future and freedom at risk, the skills, knowledge and experience of your lawyer mean everything for your case. At our DUI and Criminal defense law firm you can be sure that one of our Phoenix DUI defense attorneys will be with you every step of the way, working hard to seek the best possible case results for your specific situation. As our client you can have confidence knowing that our firm utilizes every available resource to give you the most strategic advantage possible. As Board Certified specialists in DUI and Criminal Defense, our attorneys have met rigorous standards set forth by the Arizona bar NCDD and the Arizona Bar Board of Legal Specialization and will use this deep understanding of DUI and Criminal law to your advantage in court. With so much at stake, make sure you obtain the only law firm in Central and Northern Arizona with DUI and Criminal Law Specialists.
Free Consultation — Contact Our Firm
To find out more about our experienced DUI defense team, contact Rosenstein Law Group today and request a free case evaluation.
Protect Your Rights
- 1. We have defended hundreds of clients.
- 2. We have a successful track record.
- 3. We care about your future.
CLIENT THANK YOUS
“Craig is my hero and he saved my career and my future. I got stopped in Tempe and was charged with a regular DUI. Craig questioned the validity of the stop and was able to get it reduced to a reckless driving charge…”
“Dear Mr. Rosenstein, Having talked to you this day, I determined that you were right in your decision on my case. I appreciate and thank you…”
Thank you again for helping settle this matter for me. I appreciate all you guys did on my behalf…”