Where were you arrested? A DUI is a state offense, but each jurisdiction handles them slightly differently.
Where were you arrested?
University Lakes Justice Court Expungements and Set Asides
Unlike many other states, Arizona does not presently provide for expungement of criminal convictions. What that means is that once you are convicted, that conviction stays on your record. If you want to clean up your record, you do have the option of applying for a set aside.
If you successfully apply for a set aside in the University Lakes Justice Court, Arizona Revised Statutes § 13-907 provides that the Court will set aside the judgment of guilt, dismiss the complaint, information, or indictment, and order you released from all penalties and disabilities resulting from the conviction, save for some specific department of transportation and game and fish commission ones.
Essentially, if granted, you can say that your case was dismissed, as the judgment of guilt is set aside and the charging instrument is dismissed.
When considering a set aside application, the University Lakes Justice Court looks at:
- The nature of the offense
- Your compliance with the sentence
- Prior or subsequent convictions
- Victim input
- Time since completion of sentence
- Your age at the time of conviction
- Any other relevant factor
Some offenses can never be set aside, like:
- Those offenses designated as dangerous
- Offenses which require sex offender registration
- Offenses where there’s been a finding of sexual motivation
- Those offenses where the victim is under age 15
- Driving on a suspended license and certain traffic related ordinances
If you have been convicted of an offense in the University Lakes Justice Court and want to have the judgment of guilt set aside and the complaint dismissed, call the Rosenstein Law Group today for a free consultation. We will assist you in figuring out the best way to achieve your goal of being able to say that your case was dismissed. Call today at 480-935-6729 or contact us online.
Protect Your Rights
- 1. We have defended hundreds of clients.
- 2. We have a successful track record.
- 3. We care about your future.
CLIENT THANK YOUS
“Craig is my hero and he saved my career and my future. I got stopped in Tempe and was charged with a regular DUI. Craig questioned the validity of the stop and was able to get it reduced to a reckless driving charge…”
“Dear Mr. Rosenstein, Having talked to you this day, I determined that you were right in your decision on my case. I appreciate and thank you…”
Thank you again for helping settle this matter for me. I appreciate all you guys did on my behalf…”