Where were you arrested? A DUI is a state offense, but each jurisdiction handles them slightly differently.
Where were you arrested?
Mr. Maletta is a widely respected criminal defense attorney with over 20 years' experience. David graduated from Northern Arizona University in 1993 with a degree in Psychology. Shortly thereafter, he earned his Juris Doctorate degree from Seton Hall University School of Law in 1998. Following law school, he became a prosecutor with the Arizona Attorney General's office. While working as a prosecutor, he felt that the punishments were too severe and that some of the defendants were not being defended aggressively enough so that is when he decided to become a criminal defense attorney. He has been working as a criminal defense attorney for over 17 years.
A former prosecutor and recognized trial attorney, Mr. Maletta is experienced in criminal and DUI matters. He represents individuals who have been accused and charged with all types of crimes ranging from homicides and sexually based offenses to DUI's and various misdemeanor crimes. David is an exceptional, well respected trial attorney. He once represented a DUI Defendant that had a .468 BAC and was found not guilty at jury trial. David has also been published twice, which means his victories have created new case law in Arizona. He loves his dog Sidney and does MMA to stay in shape. His energetic presence is contagious and carries into his courtroom performance.
- Arizona, 1999
- New Jersey, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1998
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1998
- Northern Arizona University
- B.S. - 1993
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Psychology
Honors and Awards
- Clients Choice Award, AVVO, 2019
- 10.0 Top Lawyer Rating, Justia Lawyer Rating and Reviews System, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Arizona, Member, 1999 to Present
- National College for Criminal Defense (NCDD), Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), Present
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1998 to Present
- New Jersey Bar Association, 1998 to Present
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2001 to Present
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice (AACJ), Present
Protect Your Rights
Available 24/7 at 480-935-6729
- 1. We have defended hundreds of clients.
- 2. We have a successful track record.
- 3. We care about your future.
CLIENT THANK YOUS
“Craig is my hero and he saved my career and my future. I got stopped in Tempe and was charged with a regular DUI. Craig questioned the validity of the stop and was able to get it reduced to a reckless driving charge…”
“Dear Mr. Rosenstein, Having talked to you this day, I determined that you were right in your decision on my case. I appreciate and thank you…”
Thank you again for helping settle this matter for me. I appreciate all you guys did on my behalf…”