Any DUI arrest is a worrisome situation, no matter where you are from or where you are arrested. However, your legal status may seem confusing or complex to you if you were from out of state and were arrested on suspicion of DUI in Phoenix. Perhaps you live most of the year in a northern state and spend your winters in the Phoenix metro area, as thousands of other "snowbirds" do. Perhaps you were here on vacation or business from elsewhere — or were en route from someplace east to California. You may be a student at Arizona State University or you may be stationed at a military base here.
Whatever your individual circumstances, if you have been arrested on suspicion of drunk driving in Phoenix, it is important that you consider hiring a local Arizona attorney to represent you. Call Rosenstein Law Group at 480-248-7666 for a free consultation.
Aggressive Defense of DUI Charges
Rosenstein Law Group, located in Scottsdale, represents both Arizona drivers and out-of-state drivers who have been charged with DUI in the Phoenix metro area and beyond. We work to keep nonresidents well-informed of the implications of a DUI conviction in Arizona back in their home states.
After a DUI arrest in Arizona, without aggressive legal representation, you may end up spending time in jail here. The matter does not end in Arizona, however. A criminal record in Arizona will invariably haunt you in your home state in various ways:
- Driver's licenses in other states are often revoked or suspended for significant periods of time (such as nine months, one year, two years or five years) as a result of a DUI conviction.
- You may end up with a Class 1 misdemeanor (unless your DUI rises to the level of a felony crime) in Arizona.
- This misdemeanor will be transparent to law enforcement agencies in your home state.
- Your auto insurance rates are likely to rise, no matter where your DUI took place.
- If it is too late in your case, or otherwise proves impossible to keep you out of jail altogether, please note that Rosenstein Law Group can help make arrangements to enable you to serve your time in your home state, and will discuss with you all the ways to help mitigate your losses.
Criminal defense trial lawyer Craig Rosenstein uses proven defense strategies to challenge a DUI arrest.
The sooner you take action after a DUI arrest, the more opportunities you will have to obtain a favorable outcome such as reduction of charges to the level of a traffic violation, or reduction from extreme DUI to regular DUI, or dismissal of your case altogether. If your DUI case goes to trial, Rosenstein Law Group is prepared to aggressively represent you with the goal of obtaining acquittal in the courtroom.
DUI in Phoenix — Out-of-State Drivers Attorney — Contact Us
If you live out of state, our goal is to help you avoid jail and other consequences of Arizona drunk driving charges. Call today at 480-248-7666 for a free case evaluation. We are available 24/7.