If the police say that your blood alcohol content (BAC) was .15 or greater, you are most likely being charged with "extreme DUI." If you are convicted with a BAC at this level, you will face enhanced sanctions. Extreme DUI means drunk driving with a BAC between .15 and .199 (double the amount for "ordinary" DUI).
Was your BAC .15 or higher? Talk with an experienced Chandler extreme DUI attorney at 480-248-7666.
Extreme DUI Penalties Are Extreme by Design
Convicted drunk drivers face serious consequences in Arizona. A driver testing at the extreme DUI level is likely to face one or more of the following penalties:
- 30 to 180 days in jail
- Jail cost reimbursement charges
- Other fines and fees
- Five years' probation
- 30-day vehicle impounding
- License suspension: 90 days to one year (although a work permit is sometimes possible after 30 days)
- An ignition interlock installation requirement after driver's license reinstatement
A Successful Outcome May Mean Removal of the Extreme Designation
If Rosenstein Law Group defends you after an arrest on suspicion of extreme DUI, we will fight vigorously on your behalf. We may take your case to trial in support of the least punitive outcome such as:
- Case dismissal if evidence is found inadmissible
- Reduction of charges when precise BAC is found to be in question
- Reduced penalties
Our lawyers have ample experience handling extreme DUI cases. Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation and preliminary case analysis.
Our Arizona Attorneys Fight Extreme DUI Charges
Based in Scottsdale, Rosenstein Law Group has a well-earned reputation for acquittals and dismissals even in challenging extreme DUI cases throughout Arizona. Call 480-248-7666 at any hour to request a free consultation with a Chandler extreme DUI defense lawyer.